DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 05:29:16 -0700
Hi
I have used 60 mil pad dia with 32 mil hole design for
past 14 years. so far i did not come accross any
failure of the solder joint due to design error.
however i have found failures when i suppressed the
pads in the power plane where it was unconected, on
high frequency ECL design boards. hence i feel 60 mil
pad dia with 32 mil pad and unsuppressed pads in the
planes will give best reliability

regards james m paul