DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2015

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2015 12:02:18 -0500
Thanks, Ron.
I understand what you mean. I've talked to many vendors and taken many
tours.
What I should have asked was,
"How should a designer know WHEN to pick up the phone?"
What would trigger me to think that maybe my default material choice is not
appropriate?

Thinking about it, I realize that's not easy to answer,
and if I called my vendor and said "Is /126 good enough for me?"
he would have to know a lot of details about the application to offer any
advice, right?
(my interest was a worse thermal cycling environment than I'm accustomed to)

but thanks, and thanks to EVERYONE who chimed in on this.
Jack