DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:45:20 -0700
Those are good points, and I'm glad you responded.
The original question was "what is a proper value
for..." and the answers you and others gave were all
"proper values" (acceptable) for what he was asking.

My intention was to try and provide some kind of
foundation to build on. If you understand where
numbers come from, it much easier to adjust them when
the need arises. I guess I'm just fanatical about
starting at some kind of logical basis and building
from there, instead from a random number that someone
assures me will work.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day,
teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime."

Didn't mean to sound harsh (or offend the old farts
who have been designing successfully for decades)

onward thru the fog...
Jack

--- Chris Robertson <[log in to unmask]>