DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Alexis Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:14:59 -0700
Thank you all for your feedback. I'd like to clarify a couple of things.
First, I did not approve this change in stackup, nor do I have authority
to do so. That's up to the responsible engineer (who chose not approve it).
Second, I don't work in the phone division. I work in the Networks division
(been here a couple of months). I raised the question to this forum because
I wanted to hear about the experiences of others with respect to EMI considerations
as they relate to stackup. I have worked with many engineers who have approved
stackup changes such as this one. In those cases, the boards must have passed
EMI with a very wide margin so that a change in thickness would not affect that
particular test. Clearly, this is not the case with this particular board.
Thanks again for the feedback; I appreciate it.