DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Wolfe, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:28:32 -0400
George,
I would agree with most of the replies I've seen so far about adding the
note or Keyowrd but you may want to strip those items off the BOM before it
goes to the buyer, etc.
Or set it up to strip off items with those keywords "unstuffed" in one
suggestion by David Cary.
We use the keyword "DNP" (Do Not Populate) on the symbol and when the output
report is generated to go into Oracle for official BOM these parts never
make the report. This symbol actually dispalys DNP on schematic. In our case
it is used to show 2 versions of termination one of which would not be
installed. Now in your case you may want to use "BR" for buried resistor as
a keyword to the fact that it is a resistor that is not bought but part of
the board. Or if that might be confused with a ref. des. use some other 2-3
char. keyword to keep
it simple.
Bob

Robert M. Wolfe