DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"<Tim Easterling>" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:59:00 -0500
This would only be possible on BGA with adequate spacing between
BGA rows near the center.
It is a good idea if you can provide it.
What size hole? .024" dia. ?

It is not done here, we use a non-functional board for this setup.

Tim Easterling
Cadd Manager Commercial Engineering
SCI Systems Inc.
8600 S. Memorial Parkway MS 200
Huntsville, Al. 35802
(256)882-4426 (ph)
(256)882-4700 x4426 (voicemail)
(256)882-4304 (fx)
Hi All,

I'd like to know how many designers provide an unplated hole under each BGA
component in a design, so that a thermocouple can be placed to monitor
temperature. I'm thinking of doing this in all of my designs to help make it
easy to create a temperature profile on a new design. Do you use more than
one hole or is one sufficient?

Regards,

Bob Walker