DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthias Mansfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:11:25 +0100
On  7 Mar 00 at 14:13, Ron James wrote:

[...]
>      1)  Does your company use standard hole size symbols across all
>      designs?
No, depends on customer requirements (I'm a independent design
bureau)

>      2)  If so, does your software accommodate this, or is it a manual
>      process for you?
Software: I can assign @,A-Z,a-z (means: 53 dril diameters), not to
"anonymous" Tool numbers which can have different diameters, but to
absolute drill diameters. If I avoid too many slightly different
drill diameters, then it's enough. Needs much discipline during
library creation.

>      3)  If so, do your end users (design, manufacturing or process
>      engineers) find this to be valuable?
Some yes, but my preferred manufacturers don't need it - they trust
in my  Excellon 2 with embedded drill diameters.

Regards
Matthias Mansfeld
Matthias Mansfeld Elektronik
* Leiterplattenlayout, Bestueckung
Am Langhoelzl 11, 85540 Haar; Tel.: 089/4620 093-7, Fax: -8
Internet: http://www.mansfeld-elektronik.de