DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Andre Demers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:37:34 -0400
Hi Frank,

My experience is that if you can't use the minimum required class 3 via as specified in IPC-2222,
then you have to go to Blind or Micro-vias, unless you can fanout the BGA connections
to larger vias that meet class three requirements. (Not possible if your part
has 5 or more rows of balls to connect)

If you go the blind/buried route, then check out IPC-2226,
the Design standard for High Density Interconnect (HDI) boards for more information.

Regards,

Andre Demers, C.I.D.
Senior PCB Designer, Coordinator

cmrsummit Technologies