DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Scott, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:02:09 -0500
Allen,

I don't have any articles to back up my statements but pads having the
same width as trace causes no soldering issues at all. If you consider
most of solder accumulates at the device side part of the pad, you'll
see there is no issue. The solder fillet forms quite nicely.

Cheers,

Ron Scott C.I.D.
Sr. PCB Designer
Texas Instruments