DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:33:46 -0700
Thanks Roberto,

 I have sent out about 100 copies of this presentation so far and its funny,
there is such an outcry for information on this subject I expect we will
have visitors from outside the San Diego area coming to listen to Tony Shoot
talk about this subject of HDI and BGA routing strategies... I think he
would be wise to present a longer presentation at one of the major events
like PCB EAST or WEST or even one the Designers Symposiums... we are time
limited at our DC meeting and can only have about an hour of presentation.
I can recommend, if you are looking for more info on HDI, that the IPC
publishes a very good design guide on the subject, IPC/JPCA-2315 Design
Guide for High Density Interconnects (HDI) and Microvias. I recently
purchased a copy after attending Mike Fitts class at PCB West on HDI and the
benefits from the use of those guidelines... I found it very informative and
eye opening and I can't wait to use the design rules on a potential board
design in the near future... there are great cost advantages and space
savings to the design technique....

Cheers -
Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D., C.I.I.
TITAN SYSTEMS CORPORATION
DATRON WORLD COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION
3030 Enterprise Court,Vista, CA 92083
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
Adjunct Instructor - PCB Design
Palomar College, 1440 West Mission Road
San Marcos, CA 92069-1487
http://www.palomar.edu/
Member of the IPC Designers Council
http://dc.ipc.org/
Executive Board
Steering Committee
Education Committee
San Diego Chapter of the IPC Designers Council Core Group
Board of Directors, Communications Officer and Webmaster
<http://www.ipc.org/SanDiego/>
<http://home.fda.net/bbrooks/pca/pca.htm