DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Louis Dallara)
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 16:44:07 -0500
Ken;
First you have to define what kind of tracking
you want to do.
Possibles;
1-ECO's
	electrical changes
	mechanical changes
	simulation results
	component changes
2-Acounting "Like you mentioned"
	hours
	charge no's
	work description
	vacation/sick days
3-Data Base
	ee changes schematic
	me changes card outline
	pm change specification
4-Manufacturing
	Rev levels of artwork
	Part availablility from inventory
	Drill tape rev
 	test set rev
	drawing's rev
5-Puchasing
	part prices
	part availability
	lead times
	delivery dates
6-Schedule tracking
	were's the board in the design cycle
7-Marketing
	the price of the unit
Etc...
Tracking could be the used for the whole process
of a product. So when the engineer adds a chip or
the board designer adds 2 layers, everyone to the CEO
knows the impact to the schedule and price of the unit.
Manufacturing would also be alerted a rev is coming and not to
order older rev boards. etc,
A product that would do all this
would be worth a lot bucks, and would be something
I don't think you would want to write.

Lou Dallara