DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2018

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Decker, Scott UTAS" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2018 18:44:47 +0000
Hi Fred,

   I don't know that this forum is the best place to have follow up discussions, but a good place to draw out designers like me for more info. :-) We just recently, (like 3 weeks ago) switch over from a previous version of Expedition to at least version VX2.1 (Yes, we are still back 2 revs) but for us, that's gold.. :-) You can send me any specific questions you like and I'll do what I can to answer. Personally, this new version blows the doors off of the one we were on, and I'm still learning new stuff. I don't know if you have access to your local Mentor support FEA or not, but if you do, they are a wealth of info and help. They want to be your friend, so take advantage of that for help and questions. As with any tools, there are good things and bad about all, so it just depends on what you can do in the long run. I know this doesn't answer your questions below, but as I said, send me any specific questions and I'll be glad to see what I can do.

Later...

Scott Decker – Staff Engineer, PCB Design Services CID+ – Electronic Systems Center

UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS

3445 S. 5th Street, Suite 170, Phoenix, AZ 85040 U.S.A.

Tel: 602 308 5957  FAX: 602 243 2347

KE7MWT  AKA:PadMasterson

[log in to unmask]   www.utcaerospacesystems.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of

UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy,

distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all

attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

This Document Does Not Contain Export Controlled Technology Or Technical Data.