DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2016

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Kevin Seaman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:15:08 -0700
William & Scott,

A long time ago, on a light table grid, I began my humble career in PCB
Design.

Back then, an old-timer gave me this advice: "PCB Design is not a career,
it's a stepping stone to something better. Start working on your escape
now."

Well, having started in 1967, my 50th year is almost complete. I guess I
was never any good at picking locks.

But it sure is nice to know that I'm not the only old-timer still doing PCB
Design!

However, as my layoff date approaches and I train my replacements in
Singapore and Malaysia, I'm trying to figure what's next for me.

I "could" retire, but it seems more fun and rewarding to teach some young
hotshot designers :-)

We'll see what happens...

Wish me a plethora of routing channels and vias!

Thank you,

Kevin L Seaman, CID • Librarian • PCB Designer, Principal • Systems
Operations • PCB Layout Services

Broadcom Ltd • Chandler, AZ • (O) 949-926-5656 <(949)%20926-5656>

www.kevinseaman.com