DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:31:25 -0700
I just read Pete's article in the e-mail newsletter from PCD&M.
It's very well written. http://www.pcbupdate.com/

Self evaluation is a good thing to a point, as long as we don't end up
contemplating our navels... and movement or action should follow when the
path has become clear. Sometimes we don't have time to take stock of where
we are in our careers and make a plan to secure our futures and our
direction... we can't see too well when the ol' nose is to the grindstone...
Whining... well that's really an indicator that we aren't doing anything
about it ourselves now isn't it.. ?

We come from different backgrounds and experiences but we all have one thing
in common... we are PCB designers and we realize that nobody gives a hoot
whether or not we make it in this industry... with one very large
EXCEPTION... those designers, who besides just working for their own
employers, are also working to secure a place for us... here within the
Designers Council. These exceptional folks who give of their time and effort
to support the profession and it's needs are a cut above all the rest... If
you don't know who they are.. get to know them. You will make some good
friends.

I think the profession of the PCB designer has risen in respect and prestige
over the last ten years and it will continue to gain respect in the industry
as it is proven what valuable people designers truly are. Those who avail
themselves of the training and seminars available year round from the DC and
UP Media's PCB WEST and EAST are benefiting themselves as well as their
companies... and the PCB industry gets the benefit of having easier to
manufacture boards, less rework, higher yields, more productivity, easier to
assemble, and test printed circuits. There are more and more CID's in the
ranks and many have gone on to further their education and achieve the CID+
certification. People are taking charge of their careers.

These are exciting times for those of us in the industry and we need to take
every opportunity we have to make our careers secure, and rewarding through
support of the DC and it's programs... If you know a designer that hasn't
found out about the DC and it's benefits and purpose... please, introduce
them at your next chapter meeting...

Best regards,

Bill Brooks - KG6VVP
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.+, C.I.I.
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
e-mail:[log in to unmask]
http://www.dtwc.com
http://pcbwizards.com