DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthew Lamkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:30:12 +0100
Hello Roger, thanks for that but no the link didn't work.
However I have gone onto the Kemet website and downloaded it (and much more
too).

Are you saying in this that the reduced width pads are for wave soldering
and not Reflow?

We are using convection Reflow here so I would appreciate knowing if this is
the case.

If it turns out that thinner pads can be used with below soldering, should
they be extending any
longer than the IPC-SM-782-A pads?

Thankyou - Matthew Lamkin.