DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Richard S Decker)
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 15:38:26 EDT
Hello to all fellow Designers on the network.
  This is the first posting of the High Sierra Chapter of the IPC
Designers Council, located in Reno, Nevada, to the Designers Council
forum, and we hope to make it a regular posting. We would like to
introduce our officers, and pass along some of the things we are
planning.
First, our officers and corporate sponsor:
President, Michelle Worthington
           from International Game Technology, Reno
Vice president, Jon Woodward
           from DNI Nevada, Carson City
Sec./Treas, Dennis McGlumphy
           from Baldwin Environmental, Reno
Certification Officer, Steve Wilson
           from Teal Technologies, Reno
Corporate sponsor, International Game Technology (IGT).

  Our first meeting was held in August, and the above officers were
elected. Membership is 11 so far and we're looking to increase by
years end. Some issues we will focus on are training and standards,
i.e. reviewing IPC-T-50 and IPC-D-275.
  The next meeting is October 1 at IGT. A scheduled presentation, by
South Bay Circuits, a PCB manufacturer, will address manufacture and
cost effective design guidelines.
  If you are in the Reno area and would like more information on this
chapter, please send E-Mail to Michelle or Scott at the following
addresses or call us at the numbers below.
  At our December meeting we are scheduling a local PCB assembly shop
to give a presentation and possible tour. More information will follow
regarding times etc.

Contacts: Michelle Worthington at IGT.
          E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
          Phone: (702)-686-1040
          Scott Decker at Hamilton Company
          E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
          Phone: (702)858-3000 Ext. 322

Hope to see some new faces at the next meeting.