DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mirka Halas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:16:32 -0500
Dave,
     this topic is of great interest to me.
I am using Cadence Allegro and recently I started
to look into HDI.
We do not have demand for via in pad yet,but
I tried my design with blind via in pad.
The Specctra autorouter would not put microvia
in fine pitch pads 20 mils.
I am not sure why, there is enough space.
I am waiting for Cadence to help me with this problem.

So what I am saying is I did not find Cadence to be great
for HDI.
I would like to hear from other Cadence and other designers as well.

Happy Friday

Mirka

Requesting some feedback from end users -

Which toolset is the best for HDI/Microvia design?

Thanks,

Dave Schaefer                          Voice: (204)478-8059
Senior PCB Designer                 FAX:  (204)942-3001
Symbol Technologies                Email: [log in to unmask]
1000 Waverley Street
Winnipeg, MB  R3T 0P3

--
| Mirka Halas                            TSI TelSys Incorporated   |
| Senior PCB Designer                    7100 Columbia Gateway Dr. |