DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jim Thornhill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 09:45:10 +0100
We long since gave up the idea of using IEEE boxes for our symbols.
We dont even bother to make a copy of the gate in PCAD on the IEEE
layer. Gates are far easier to understand and we use the De Morgan equiv.
throughout designs. Why reinvent a wheel with square corners!
It must be said that a lot of what we do involves sub modules and PLCC
devices so boxes with pins for these are in the majority. If it ain't broke
don't fix it.

Jim

--
Jim Thornhill