DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brionez, Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:14:39 -0500
DC
I need some clarification on the subject of
IPC 2221 Section 9.1.2 it states
For a Class 3 designs " An annular ring shall be required for all plated through holes in Class 3 designs."
My assumption is to leave an annular ring on all layers. The IPC document does not specifically state as such.
This is for Mil/Aerospace. Do those of you who do Class 3 remove non-functional inner layer pads.

Thanks for any assitance.
Paul

  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
Paul Brionez -  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> CID
PCB Designer
PH: 847-673-2718 x1394
FAX: 847-673-9789
DIVISION: Electronic/Systems

 <http://www.mpcproducts.com/> MPC Products Corporation
ISO 9001 Certified
Skokie, IL USA    <http://www.mpcproducts.com/>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>
  <http://www.mpcproducts.com/spacer.gif>

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or
attachment or disclose the contents to any other person.  If
you have received this in error, please email the sender or
telephone in the United States at (847) 673-8300 and delete
this message and any attachment from your system.  For further
information about MPC Products Corporation please see our web-
site at http://www.mpcproducts.com or refer to any MPC Products
Corporation office.