DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Metcalf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:42:13 -0700
James,

I used to use a product from Oliver Sales in Texas to remove most solder
masks. It is a careful balancing act as anything that can remove solder mask
can also attack the butter coat of the solder mask. As I recall, this
product required a heated soak followed by a high pressure water wash. The
mask would sheet off fairly easily if done properly.

I'm sure if you contact Oliver Sales they could tell you the part number and
how to get some.

Regards,

Bob Metcalf
Circuit Solutions