DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 22:15:25 -0400
Dave,
I am answering this piece of mail because you sent it, however I think it
pertains to everyone. I also VERY FIRMLY believe in the Certification process
the Designers Council is trying to get off the ground, and I can say I feel
bad that I have not taken the test yet for some of the reasons you point out
as to no time to study or prepare  for a test because of work and in my case
other things. I do  fully plan to take the actual test when it is out whether
or not my own company will pay for it because I feel that strongly about it.
I  do find it surprising having worked for another division of ITT in the
past that they do not support the certification.  I understand that in many
areas it may be tough to come up with extra money if a company won't pay, but
I allways live by the phrase where there is a will there is a way. Maybe many
are taking that wait and see attitude and the live test will take off. This
is, in my opinion, the only hope our profession (as we know it) has to carry
into the future. I feel at the very least, if it does not help me now this is
something that needs to be done for furture designers. I hope all of the
pitfalls can be overcome and provide a means for entry level designers to
gain knowledge easier and faster and provide us oldtimers with the oportunity
to learn more hopefully not from the school of hard nocks.

Robert M. Wolfe
Senior Designer
Executone Information Systems, Inc.