DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2009

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ray Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:42:37 -0800
Alexis,
If you use via-in-pad, it must be a filled via or it will leave a sink in
the pad and even then manufacturing may have soldering issues. If the via is
filled manufacturing will have soldering issues. we tried this technology in
0603 and 0805 pads with a 10mil through hole and abandoned it because the
cost of filled vias and the manufacturing soldering problems.

Ray Johnston
Rane Corporation
425-355-6000
rayj@rane,com