DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Patrick Jabbaz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:59:49 -0700
Metric is the way to go, especially if you are using 1mm pitch BGA, or
.8mm, easiest way to route is using metric, since most of today's
electrical components are now metric.
I you like making your job more complicated, I guess Inches will do that
for you.
My approach is as follows, if the majority of the components on the
board I'm working on are metric, then so is my design.

Inkra Networks
Patrick Jabbaz CID
Sr Board Layout Eng.
40971 Encyclopedia Circle