DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
John Woodford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:21:37 PDT
I have used 3oz. Copper on both inner and outer layers successfully.
Having planes on the outer layers can help reduce EMI but if the
board is very dense, the planes get chopped up so much that it may
not be worth the effort.  Routing 10 amp traces on inner layers can
also be very difficult.  If you do use planes on the outer layers
with heavy copper, make sure you add thermal reliefs to the smd pads.
John Woodford