DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Wolfe, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:31:39 -0500
Matthew,
I agree about 4-way connections,I have not seen anything to state that
they are illegal, Just not preferred. However in certain types of
circuits some Engineers will argue the need to have 4-ways to understand
the circuit.
But generally I would say 99% of time 4-ways should not be used. In the
analog or RF world maybe needed but in any strictly digital design &
most analog/RF there is no logical reason to use 4-way connections.
In most cases the 4-way connection can certainly be conveyed with the
4th line .10 away while still being able to see what is happening
circuit wise.

Looks like your going to have to be the traffic cop on this one!
Bob