DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mike Buetow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 1995 10:05:57 -0500 (CDT)
Dave:

Plans are being made for the 1996 IPC Design Conference and Exhibition,
which will be held in the Fall on the east coast. (And it's not too late to
register for the 1995 IPC Design Conference/Exhibition, which will be
held November 1-3 in Providence, RI).

The IPC Design Conference is one of the two major undertakings of the
IPC Designers Council (the other being certification.) This is
its second year. A number of technical seminars and workshops will be
given over the three days, in areas such as: library management, high
speed design, controlled impedance, BGA/QFP land patterns, basic circuit
design and routing strategies, new materials (laminates and soldermasks),
CAD tools, flex circuits, documentation, and building for test.

In addition, CAD and CAM suppliers, and other suppliers to the PWB design
industry, have been invited to exhibit their latest products.

IPC design task group meetings will meet during the conference as well.

*For the 1995 conference, here is the pricing structure:

Conference registration (includes admission to all technical conference
sessions, lunch on Thursday and Friday, receptions on Wednesday and
Thursday, a copy of the conference proceedings, admission to the exhibit
hall, and admission to any of the IPC Design Committee meetings):
$350 for members of the Designers Council or IPC; $450 for nonmembers.

November 1 full day workshops (includes admission to the workshop, lunch, a
copy of all materials, and free admission to the exhibits):

High-speed design--Lee Ritchey (3COM), instructor, or
Basics of Printed Circuit Design--Anthony Bourassa (MIT), instructor:

$225 for IPC or Designers Council members/$300 for nonmembers.

Designer Certification, Level A--Dieter Bergman (IPC), instructor:

$150 for IPC or IPC Designers Council members/$195 nonmembers.

*For more information (program brochure) or to register to attend the
technical conference, contact Nancy Feaster, IPC, at 708-677-2850, ext. 313,
or email: [log in to unmask]

For information on how to exhibit, contact Kim Sterling, IPC, at
708-677-2850, ext. 305; email: [log in to unmask]

For information on how to join the IPC Designers Council, contact:

Mike Buetow
IPC Technical Staff
7380 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60646