DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

February 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Karl Bates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:48:34 -0600
Bill,
Thank you for being in this forum, your insights are absolutely remarkable.
:-)
I always worked with the "difficult" engineers also, they are the ones that
will push the
envelope of design and stretch your imagination.    When I finished working
with them,
they always wanted to work only with me in the future... imagine that..
because I listened
to them and did what they wanted... they were the customer.     Once in a
while, they
would try to do something goofy that would result in poor design... but If I
showed them
examples and written documentation, they would accept it and appreciate the
effort to
improve their design.
I'm just a dummy H.S. graduate, trained @ Bell Labs in PCB design by
engineers that had PHD's.
Best dam education in the world... (too bad some bean counters and Lawyers
screwed up
that fine institution).
Karl