DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:15:11 -0800
Okay.... here's the skinny on the education meeting.

First... I need to give a little background, (this whole thing has really
grown very rapidly.... )

There are 3 groups of IPC members that have been working on College
education agenda (aside from the ones I just learned about) for PCB
Designers and we have been coordinating via e-mail. The suggestion was made
that we meet (informally...) at PCB WEST and exchange ideas, go over our
progress and plans, short and long term... work out the details, etc...
might take a couple hours so we might use a room at the Hilton or a
restaurant or something... terrific stuff!

Surprisingly, this has grown bigger than anyone expected and I really don't
want it to interfere with any other activities going on at PCBWEST. We all
have different times available and it's difficult to all get together..
So.....

Here's the plan...We will be attending the OFFICIAL IPCDC EDUCATION
COMMITTEE MEETING on SUNDAY March 17th,2002 8:30am - 12:00pm at the Hilton
Hotel across from the convention center...and would like to have some
discussion AT THAT MEETING about the college education agenda. There is a
slot open for discussion on College support at the meeting already and I'm
sure we can use that time to discuss what we are doing... and anyone that
wants to attend that meeting can attend, its a scheduled public meeting....
any ideas, comments, suggestions, insights etc. are most appreciated and we
would love to have designers, and anyone else with an interest in the
education of designers attend this meeting to participate in the committee
discussion and activities...
Also, Interested parties are welcome to come by the IPC Designers Council
Booth on the showroom floor and talk with any of us about what we are doing
and exchange ideas get to know each other and get acquainted.

Once again, I want to thank you all for expressing your enthusiastic
interest and I am looking forward to meeting and talking with you all at the
IPC DC Education Committee Meeting on Sunday. I'm sure it will be more
convenient and less difficult to attend... and you can find out about the
other Education related things that the Designers Council is doing for
designers at the same time!  -  :)

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer , C.I.D.
TITAN SYSTEMS CORPORATION
DATRON WORLD COMMUNICATIONS DIVISION
3030 Enterprise Court
Vista, CA 92083
Tel: (760)597-1500 Ext 3772 Fax: (760)597-1510
mailto:[log in to unmask]
IPC Designers Council, San Diego Chapter
<http://www.ipc.org/SanDiego/>
<http://home.fda.net/bbrooks/pca/pca.htm
http://dc.ipc.org/