DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Tim Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 16:10:16 -0500
Hi, Erika,

When you say it should not change later, are you refering to just this job, or all future
jobs? If it is for this job only, I would ask the fab vendor (if known) for a legitimate
stackup and incorporate that into your fab drawing(s).

Fab shops usually modify stackups depending on the materials they have available on
hand, routing/impedance environment requirements, etc. If you are making a generic
stackup to be used for multiple jobs, then I would make a note stating 'Final Stackup
TDB (to be determined) by Fab Vendor' or if you are using the same fab vendor each
time, just ask them for something to put on your drawing(s).

Hope this helps,
Tim