DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2014

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Barry Olney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 13:07:00 +1000
Hi Dave,

With regard to the line width and spacing of the 50% hatch, it is probably
best to talk to your fabricator first but I generally use 10/10 mil. If you
make the lines too thin they may crack under constant bending. If the flex
section is only bent on installation then you could go thinner. The size of
the gap also depends on the rise time of the signal - the faster the rise
time the smaller the gap has to be. But as mentioned, I personally would not
use a hatched plane as a reference plane on any high-speed signal.

Cheers,

Barry