DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jerry Galang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:36:01 -0800
To sum up your questions:
1)  Does your company use standard hole size symbols across all designs?
Yes, we duplicated the symbols used in Xynetics to Visula (software now in use)

2)  If so, does your software accommodate this, or is it a manual process for
you?
We assign our standard symbols one time in Visula, they will stay the same
across all designs

3)  If so, do your end users (design, manufacturing or process engineers) find
this to be valuable?
Yes, we use the same vendors most of the time and they are used to seeing the
same symbols, this also makes the check cycle faster

Jerry Galang
PCB Designer/Librarian
Xircom, Inc.
http://www.xircom.com