DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Barb Lohff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 17:48:42 -0500
Northern Illinois IPC Designer Council Meeting
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
P.O. Box 500
Batavia, IL 60510

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/visitor_info.html

Fermilab Tour, June 14th from 5:00 pm to 8:00pm

Meet at Wilson Hall in the front of the building, 1st floor
at the reception desk. The Front of the building has all the flags.

Come early if possible, the tour will start promptly at 5:00pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RSVP by Friday June 9 to ensure food quantities and tour head count.
RSVP to [log in to unmask] (630)679-3520  -or-
RSVP to [log in to unmask] (630)378-5729
Free to members, other standard fees for non-members may apply. Contact
Linda Gallo with any questions.
Guests welcome! Please RSVP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Agenda:
* There will be an overview from the high rise,
* a tour of the linear accelerator, and
* a tour of either Collider Detector Facility or D0 (one of the sites
within the ring, or main accelerator which does very similar work, but
using a different scheme for particle detection).
Though these particles are very small, it takes very large pieces of
equipment, and a good deal of power to unlock their mysteries
* Two scientists will speak to the group and answer any questions you
might have.
* The end of the tour will be at either CDF or D0,
* Then we will return to The Wilson Hall for a meeting.
Room WH2SE from 7:00-8:00 pm
* Food will be provided.
---------------------------
How to enter/exit Fermilab:

The entry tickets are available seven days a week during hours
the Laboratory is open to the public. The entry ticket
allows the holder to exit Fermilab through the same entry point the
ticket was dispensed from.
If the ticket holder wants to exit through the opposite gate (i.e.,
enters at Pine St. and wants to exit through the Batavia Rd. gate) they
can stop at Wilson Hall and obtain a ticket for the Batavia Rd gate. The
entry tickets can be used by members of the general public or by
employees, users, or contractors who do not have an assigned tag
or card in their possession. Visitors requiring access after hours may
call the Communication Center, via the intercom at each gate, to request
access. The Communication Center can activate the gates remotely.