DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:47:23 +1000
Can't see how this is going to be of any long term benefit to board
designers. Innovation, competition, honest pricing, good (=expensive)
software support, all out the window. We've all been there, done that
before.

However don't discount Zuken. Anyone taking the time to look would have to
acknowledge Zuken is right up there. And if you get a chance, take a look at
Altium's Summer '08 release. Scary what a great job that does, for a price
much less than stratospheric.

I guess a shutdown in one area leads to opportunities for others. Who knows
when the next Veribest equivalent comes along to blow our socks off?

Cheers...

Andy K.

Within Australia       (02) 9499 4853

International            +61 2 9499 4853