DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 22:19:29 -0600
Hi Doug,

I adopted this scheme a few years ago and have not had any fabricator
indicate a higher cost based upon color.

(We _have_ had one (1) assembly house give us a higher cost for full
turn-key on prototype boards if they were RED, but I think that was because
the Fabricator that they were going to use didn't have the RED color in
stock.)

I too, use RED soldermask to denote Prototypes, and GREEN soldermask to
denote Production.

It is really neat, and you can spot those RED boards from across the room.
8-)

James Jackson