DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Matthias Mansfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:44:24 +0200
On 15 Sep 2005 at 8:17, Barbara Burcham wrote:

> Sell those databases to the company of origin's competition!
> Until they are paid for, they are yours.
> Any one signing contracts that says you cannot do this?

Yes, Non-disclosure Aggreements are becoming good practice.
You can just drop the databases......

But - think positive - it is "only" your time you lost if you get not
paid for your work. Think, if you were an assembly subcontractor and
had purchased for this customer electronic parts (which you could try
to sell again, however), or even worse, if you had purchased pcbs,
may be ready assembled.....

Been there, done that. I had a loss of about 12000 EUR for not paid
designs, but other companies had componetns and boards for millions,
everything for scrap.....

Regards
Matthias Mansfeld

--
Matthias Mansfeld Elektronik * Leiterplattenlayout
Neithardtstr. 3, 85540 Haar; Tel.: 089/4620 093-7, Fax: -8