DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2005

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Scott, Ron" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:49:46 -0500
Mary,

I agree with what everyone is saying. What I was pointing out and seems
to be misconstrued is that the IPC standard is a guideline. Of course,
there are exceptions to every rule. Since I do every project from
schematic capture, part selection and layout, I know all the
characteristics to achieve the desired results. Most of the time, the
designer is one on one with an ineperienced engineer who doesn't/won't
understand the process. You make a good point on PCB designers being
trained in soldering. I have had the privledge of being a A level
certified soldering instructor at the Jet Propulsion Laboratories. I
have also done technical assignments on Voyager I & 2,which are leaving
the solar system as we speak. By the way, my assemblers clamor over who
is going to work on my projects. Have great day y'all.

Cheers,

Ron Scott C.I.D.
Texas Instruments
Storage Products Group