DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Mark Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:15:14 +0100
Hi all,

Our current goal is to make common the PCB design software we use here in
the UK and our parent company
based in Finland (it's a long story!). Currently, we run VeriBest here in
the UK and our colleagues in Finland
run Cadstar.

I would be extremely interested to hear from anyone who has experience with
both systems, especially if you
have had to convert libraries or jobs from one system to the other (either
direction, who knows which way this is going
to pan out!)

I would also like to know of any problems of limitations of either system. I
have been using Veribest for around 5 years
but I have only seen demos of Cadstar.

I would really appreciate any comments at all that will help me make a
balanced decision.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Holmes PCB Designer