DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Scott D. Shepard)
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:05:36 GMT
Mr. Badfly, (Sorry, a typo)

Your premise on which you try to make your point, whatever it may be, is
very backwards. My experience has always had me worried about being in a
captured environment. I have found that working for somebody rather is less
stable than providing a service for somebody. I was LAYED-OFF from a company
that had no more pcb's to be designed. That department was the FIRST to go.
That was the last chance I gave anybody of doing that to me. I'll find my
own work to do not slaving for somebody elses' profits. I'll work for myself
and not have to charge 25 cents a pin because my customers, and I choose
them well, know what they're getting if they paid so little. My one-man
service "sweat shop" as you call it is no threat to a captured pcb design
department. In fact, I often save their ass because I pick up the overflow
they cannot handle.

Lastly, I question what little credibility you may have because you disguise
yourself with a handle -- Sadfly is it? A real pcb designer would leave a
name and would tell us what the beef really is.

My NAME here:

Scott Shepard
Interactive Design Solutions