DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:56:38 -0500
Just as long as you are aware that when you go to generate that IPC-D-356A
(or B) Electrical Test Netlist, it will be using whatever nomenclature that
you've assigned to that pin.

In the case of those who use a number 1 or 2, fine. No problem. In the case
of those who use an A or C (or K), also fine.

For those who use 'CATHODE' or 'ANODE'... well... it then depends on the CAD
system being used, and how the programmer who wrote the IPC-D-356A software
routines chose to trucate the word to 4 characters - or not.

IPC-D-356A only allows for 4 characters to represent the pin number (or name).

It gets dicey when folks like to get verbose when naming the pins on their
patterns.

Regards,

James Jackson
Oztronics (of the 'been there done that' class)