DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Louis Dallara)
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 12:32:06 -0400
Ed;
read the stuff @ sourcelink on plotter problems..
Lou

>From [log in to unmask] Mon Apr 29 21:41 EDT 1996
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:19:14 -0700
From: Ed Haas <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cadence SourceLink Update: May 1996

CADENCE SOURCELINK
http://sourcelink.cadence.com

SourceLink is an Internet-based customer support information service
for Cadence software users. SourceLink is available at no extra charge
to all Cadence customers who have a software maintenance agreement.

SOURCELINK UPDATE is an occasional newsletter to keep you informed
about the most recent additions to the SourceLink service.

IN THIS ISSUE:

* What's New on SourceLink
* Systems Design Products Demo
* Structured Custom Chip Assembly Flow Guide
* Forget Your Password?
* Helping Other Cadence Users

WHAT'S NEW ON SOURCELINK

Since the last issue of the SOURCELINK UPDATE in March, we've added
a Plotting area to SourceLink, giving you access to new plot drivers,
lists of supported plotters, and information on plotting in 9504.

We've published an updated 9502 Release Alert, which includes
instructions for running 9502 software in a Solaris 2.4/2.5
environment.

For Verilog-XL users, we've published the April issue of TalkVerilog.
And for DIVA, Dracula, and Vampire users, we've published the April
issue of TalkVerify.

We've also added the latest issue of The Source customer service
newsletter, which includes articles about Pearl, Silicon Ensemble,
and SpectreRF.

For Smartpath, which lets you implement datapaths within ICs, we've
added the Datapath Generator and Library Development application note.

For Allegro, we've included SKILL routines from Gerard BREINER at
IN2P3 in Orsay, France.

* Fills class PACKAGE GEOMETRY/BODY_CENTER and draws circle with two
  diagonals in center of symbol
* Redraws one or more objects in a different class with the same
  coordinates

For the upcoming 9504 release, we've published the full 9504 Software
Product Descriptions. (The 9504 Known Problems & Solutions and Product
Notes will be online shortly.)

To find this content on SourceLink, go to the What's New area.

   http://sourcelink.cadence.com/whatsnew.html

Whenever we add content to SourceLink, we announce it in the
What's New area. Check back often!

SYSTEMS DESIGN PRODUCTS DEMO

The "What's New in 1995 with Systems Design Products" multimedia
demo focuses on the new, incremental updates for 9504 (and 9502)
to our core systems design products.

* Concept
* CheckPlus
* Packager-XL
* Allegro

You'll need lots of Internet bandwidth to download this 50 Mbyte
demo. However, the demo will also be available on the 9504 release
CD-ROM. HP-UX, Solaris, and SunOS versions of the demo are online.

You can find the systems design products demo on the 9504
Release Information screen.

   http://sourcelink.cadence.com/Product_Notes/9504/9504.html

On this screen, you'll also find the 9504 Release Summary and
Software Product Descriptions.

STRUCTURED CUSTOM CHIP ASSEMBLY FLOW GUIDE

The Structured Custom Chip Assembly Flow Guide for Preview
Cell3 Ensemble/Cell3 Ensemble, which you can download and install
as part of your 9502 OpenBook online documentation, shows you a
recommended task flow for assembling an IC design using

* Preview Cell3 Ensemble for floorplanning and top-level chip
  assembly
* The Standalone Cell3 Ensemble engine for block-level place
  and route

FORGET YOUR PASSWORD?

Send e-mail to [log in to unmask], and we'll send you your
SourceLink user name and password.

HELPING OTHER CADENCE USERS

Feel free to forward this newsletter to other Cadence users
at your company.

If they'd like to get access to what EE Times called EDA's
"best collection of on-line support offerings," encourage them
to sign up for SourceLink.

        http://www.cadence.com/SLsignup.html

Thanks for your help in spreading the word.

* * *

Jeff Angwin, Yvonne Fan, Ed Haas, and Sakie Hatanaka
Cadence SourceLink Team