DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Holm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 96 5:56:03 CDT

Bob,

We are SCICARDS users and like you, we have been faced with this problem.
In short you will want to look at a conversion package to get a full
translation, especially if you use alot of "filled" pads, any aperture
substitution, custom apertures (any thing other a round, square or
rectangle flash) or if you play with your drill sizes in your documentation.

We use a package called PAR (Producibility Analysis Report). Its primary
purpose is to check for some of the things not checked for by the DRC
such as min. solder mask web and the like. However it also has many other
features like a very strong GERBER in and out, editor and conversion tools.

For a good IPC-D-350 file you need more than just artwork and drill
information.  PAR will also take in DXF files of all of the PWB data and
they can be assign to "layer 99" of the 350 file..

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call.  Or call IGI
(please let them know you got this from me, MAYBE I can get a $ break
 on my next license)

     Bob Ravlin
     Infinite Graphics Incorported
     4611 East Lake Street
     Minneapolis, MN 55406
     Phone (612) 721-6283

                                   '''
                                  (O O)
  Jack Holm                    \_/     \_/
  PC Design "System Weenie"     /  jah  \     Phone (219) 487-6199
  ITT Aerospace/Communications (_________)    Fax   (219) 487-6033
  1919 W. Cook Road             \   _   /     E-Mail [log in to unmask]
  Fort Wayne IN. 46801           \ / \ /