DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Johnson, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:55:27 -0700
hello,

are there any rules (of thumb or otherwise) for placing components when
doing a hasl/selective tin plating.   in our case, we have a board that is
mostly hasl finish.  then we have some buss bar pads that are selective
white tin plated.  is there a rule of thumb as to how close a component can
be place to the pad that is selective white tin plated or is this entirely
process/fabricator dependent?  i'm assuming here that the fabricator must
some how tape over the tinned pad to apply the hasl finish.

thanks,

From the desk of Tom Johnson
Nuera Communications, Inc.
10445 Pacific Center Court