DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kelly M. Schriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:25:15 -0500
Hi Bob -  As precious as real estate tends to be under BGA's for circuit
layout and heat removal, the non plated hole is probably more than many of
us can afford.  This is something that could well be accomplished on a
development board to support the solder profiling operations, then never
used again.  Most of the newer convection furnaces are a bit easier to deal
with and less tempermental than their predecessors, making the process more
stable.  Development boards could also be used to support R&R equipment
profiling.

Regards - Kelly