DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
David Greig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:40:03 +0100
10% of nominal thickness is normal , but I guess you are more interested in impedance so 10% of impedance is normal, and some
fabs will stretch to 5% if it's a stackup/materials that they are use to.
Just beware that many fabs are only capable of measuring impedance at 1MHz, so you may need to scale your demanded target
accordingly (which will be hard if you have no control over the actual materials).

Best Regards

David Greig
GigaDyne Ltd
5 Albany Business Centre