DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 2006

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Huss Volkmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 07:22:09 +0100
With OPAMP CSPs of the same size we have adopted the manufacturer's
(Maxim)
recommendation for an asymmetrical opening in the stencil.

http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN1891.pdf

http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/an/AN3377.pdf
also recommends a corresponding opening in the solder mask.

It looks something like this and works for us.

 ___   ___   ___
!   ! !   ! !   !
!   ! !   ! !   !
!  O! ! O ! !O  !