DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Louis Dallara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 09:59:25 -0400 (EDT)
The problem mixed grids causes is a transion area between the grids.
which causes funny things to happen, a rounding off problem when
the software calcuates. It's better to select one or the other
and deal with the offgrid component pins, Uses the grid thats
most common. Use an end snap to the pin for the off grid ones.
Most can vendors say they support mixed grids, or changing of
grid back and forth, I had very bad experiences with that
approach..
Good Luck.
Lou Dallara
PCB Designer http://www.waterw.com/~ldallara/index.html
Software needs improvement in that area!!