DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Jack C. Olson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:51:12 -0600
If you happen to have ACROBAT version 5.0 or above...
(maybe lower too, I can't check though)

You can make your own PDF of any web page by
selecting TOOLS/CAPTURE WEB PAGE.

Select the check boxes to
"stay on same server"
and
"only get pages on same path".

This will keep you from accidentally capturing
advertisements and links to other sites.

After it scans the website, you can easily select
thumbnails over on the left and remove them for
things you don't want to include (if any) before
you save the final PDF document.

I would offer to make one for you but I just
realized my subscription is expired and don't
have access to it anymore.
(and this time of year, $50 is a big deal for me)

happy capturing,
Jack
http://JaxPage.net

|         |           Matthew Lamkin    |
|         |           <matthew.lamkin@PR|
|         |           OTEC.CO.UK>       |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           DesignerCouncil   |
|         |           <DesignerCouncil@i|
|         |           pc.org>           |
|         |           12/08/2003 10:54  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           "(Designers       |
|         |           Council Forum)";  |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           Matthew Lamkin    |
  |To: [log in to unmask]                                                                                                   |
  |cc:                                                                                                                           |
  |  Subject:      Re: [DC] ROUTE in PDF Format                                                                                  |

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 01/07/2004
                                                Retention Category:  G90 -
                                                General
                                                Matters/Administration

Oh I cannot agree enough with this.

Using PDF appears to be "the" portable file format to use.
Anyone can create PDF files now as there are several freeware PDF creators
out on the net.
Even if I dont get have access to this document I recommend this route :)

I now store almost all my companies schematics in PDF format so that
engineers on site can download & view them
instead of having to return & get a printed copy.