DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2002

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Hybiske, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:22:55 -0400
Matthew,

For prototype runs and pilot runs we use a simple plastic fixture with a
milled groove the thickness of the board and the depth of the breakaway. The
operator places the edge into the grooved fixture and levers the breakaway
off.  It produces a very clean break and is also very efficient.  For high
volume runs, we switch to shears.

Tom Hybiske
Bose Corporation
The Mountain