DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (John Laur)
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:52:12 -0500
Don,
The size of the anti-pad should not be so large that it allows slivers
of copper 5 mils or less between anti-pads.  These slivers can break loose
and cause shorts.  Go with 0.029 over the nominal hole size.

Have not had a board shop question vias that were not thermally isolated.
My EE's (like I own them) prefer not to thermally isolate vias.

John Laur
Rockwell Automation
Allen-Bradley Co Inc.
1201 South Second Street