DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Brooks,Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:48:26 -0700
Hmmm... very well written... I don't think I could have competed with that
Jack... :)

I have to say I am disappointed that I was not able to attend PCB West, but
I think my boss has signed up to send me and the other designer who works
here to PCB East this Fall.

No Designers Council Booth at PCB West? I thought they would have had one.
Well, I heard they had one at 'IPC West'... but I wasn't able to attend that
either... too busy, as usual.

You are so right about the feeling of working solo but as you branch out
some you discover there is a lot more to this career than just a paycheck
and BBQ and a 'SAMUEL ADAMS' on the weekends.

I do miss Steve's harmonica playing and joking around... he always had a
smile and some new thing he was working on to share... the world would be a
very interesting place if there were more folks like him.

That's kind of why I really appreciate the folks who are involved with the
Designers Council... They make life interesting and challenge me to step out
of the cubicle from time to time and communicate with others of my kind...
:)

Uncle Pete, if you're listening in... I'm lookin' forward to a brew and some
good conversation like we had in Minneapolis awhile back... hopefully this
fall. Jean, you made an impression on me when I competed in top gun in
2000... as has Gary and Rick, and Mary, and Alan, and Andy... over the years
you have all had an affect on us and touched our lives and careers and I
missed being there wit yas...

[Oh Auntie Em'... there's no place like home... <sniff>]

Sorry I just had to break up that way overly serious moment with a
weee-bit-o-'umor...

And Jack... you're definitely the 'Helter Skelter' guy... no doubt.
:)

Keep smilin' (it makes people wonder what you're up to)

Best regads, (New England for regards)

Bill Brooks
PCB Design Engineer, C.I.D.+
Tel: (760)597-1500 Fax: (760)597-1510